The homelike quality of our school contributes to a relaxed, focused experience for the child. Our indoor classroom activities are placed on open shelves for selection as interest and readiness inspires the child. Our outdoor environment offers a beautiful developed playground with manipulatives, tricycles, pets, and gardens.
IGCSE stands for ‘International General Certificate of Secondary Education’. It is an examination program operated by the University Local Examination Syndicate which has been specifically designed to meet the needs of students studying in English medium International School.
IGCSE grades range from A* to G. Students who have followed the Core curriculum can achieved a grade from C to G only. The extended curriculum awards grades from A8 to E. All final examinations are sent to Cambridge for marking and the grades are then determined centrally and communicated to the school.
There is no age limitation as long as the student can cope with the subjects. However, our proposed age is 13 – 15 years old.
Cambridge IGCSE is recognized by universities and employers worldwide. In Malaysia, homeschoolers who sit for the IGCSE exams as private candidates have generally done well.
When a student achieves a minimum of 5 credits in the IGCSE (more would be better) he is qualified to apply to any of the following:
- Study for the A Levels exams, and thereafter apply to enter most private universities locally, or any university in Commonwealth countries (UK, Australia, etc) as well as America.
- Sign up for a pre-university course at most private universities locally, and thereafter, proceed to degree program locally or abroad.
- Enrol in an American university to begin a 4-year degree program.
As there is no homeschooling as such, we are operating under our tuition license.
Pusat Tuisyen Seri Puncak Sdn. Bhd. has been in the education line for 9 years and we bring to our homeschooling the wealth of our experience in primary and secondary education. We can assure you that Excel Edu International will continue to grow and your children’s future will be brighter by joining us for their primary and secondary years.
Yes, it can be completed within 3 years as the subjects are break evenly.
- During the 1st year, in house exams will be conducted for all the 7 subjects who are compulsory.
- In the 2nd year, there will be 2 exams in May/June and November. Students will sit for the Malay paper in May and followed by Mathematics and Biology paper in November. Finally in the 3red year, students will sit for the last 4 papers i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Add Mathematics and English.
- Their progress is monitored constantly as we have frequent test, examination, assignments and project throughout the school year.
- At Excel Edu International, the school days are longer than normal school so that students are able to learn more and at a faster pace.
The fees are very reasonable because:
- Our primary schooling hours from 9.00 a.m to 2.00/3.00 p.m, and for secondary schooling hours from 9 a.m. to 4p.m.
- There is no need for extra tuition but if we feel they need extra guidance to cope with topic, primary students are required to stay from 8 a.m to 9 a.m and secondary students will be from 4 p.m to 5 p.m WITHOUT ANY CHARGES.
- Class sizes are kept to a maximum of 18 students per class for primary and secondary maximum 20 students per class in order to cater for needs of each individual student.
Yes, we have a science laboratory to cater for students to carry out their practical assignments especially in Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
All our teachers are full timers with a passion for teaching and they are trained by our principal and the management staff. They are monitored continuously and their skills are upgraded frequently.
Excel Edu International students are very privileged as they have interesting subjects like chess class, sports training and several club activities.
- The rationale for chess is obvious because thinking skills learnt in chess are invaluable for analyzing other problems in life. They are taught by World International Master (W.I.M.) just as chess helps to foster agility of the mind.
- Excel Edu International also offers World History in English as optional subjects.
- All other subjects follow Cambridge curriculum and syllabus specifications.